it's been a while...here's a quick update:
1. I never cut my hair off
2. I signed up with match.com
3. I have yet to actually have a REAL-live date on match.com
4. I have really become one of those single people
5. I have gotten no where, essentially.
I have to say, though, that joining match has actually freed me in a way. I can chat with men, ok, even flirt with men and feel good about it. it does make you self-reflect on rejections too. the Daniel Craig look-a-like winked ME first, so why isn't he communicating with me anymore? The 41 year-old who loves "women of other cultures" doesn't respond to MY emails??!! I thought there were men out there who are looking for some cougar action...don't you see I'm putting myself out there for you??
Oh, yeah, there are guys that respond too, trust me. the white guy warrior with the pot belly and horizontal striped polo shirt, the guy whose pictures show him as a cameraman posing with random celebrities, the middle-aged man on the Harley. even a wealthy man, successful filmmaker, who lives in the Time Warner Center. and those were the good ones. wait a minute...people actually HAVE met on-line and ended up happily ever after??
what have I learned from all this? how much I love my friends...they rally behind me, give me LOTS of advice and take none for themselves, they make me laugh, they tell me I'm" hot", "pretty","smart", "beautiful", "a great mom", "an amazing person", "a great catch". my family and friends are what truly give me joy.
do I really need anything else?
Okay. Just had dinner with a married couple that met on match. Just so you know it is possible. But if even if you don't meet your match your still a catch!
ReplyDelete