ladies, if you're single, in your fifties, and looking for a man who you think will complete you, please don't come to new york. he might be here, but the women who live here already have first dibs. I mean, really. it's no secret there is a severe shortage of available and stylish (very important) straight men here in this fine city. new york seems to be getting gay-er and gay-er every day! now don't get me wrong. I LOVE gay men, really and truly ADORE!! they can be the best friend and confidant you will ever have. come on, now...we've all seen Will and Grace. it's the true life story of many, many single women in new york. gay men are magnificent...as friends. I feel sorry for the girls who have lived through the trials and tribulations of the gay man as lover (I can change him) challenge. for me, a big bust. for others, a temporary fix. so stay in des moines, it would be better for all of us.
when I was happily married, let me correct that. when I thought I was happily married, I always thought desperately single women are single for reasons they can't see themselves. that it is something they put out, what they generate, what they will upon themselves in some way. there is a large part of me that still believes that. one has to remember, and be present to the fact that a relationship, unto its self, will not make you happier. that saying, you need to love yourself first, I don't really get. but I do truly believe that you need to be happy, just plain and simple happy, and that that energy is what will bring someone special to you. ( beware that men who are also not ideal are also drawn to this energy) I do try to live by that when I can remember. practice what you preach, Mona.
(I know what you're all thinking..what does that mean for of all of us masochistic new yorkers who LOVE to be miserable. I guess we're just shit out of luck...)
gotta go and watch men of a certain age. great show.
will edit later...
I am assuming that right now you are figuring out how to make a quick run to meet this architect?? ALL "white men" in New York seem to have yellow fever if they are not "gay" of course. Mona, don't dissappoint your readers... head to the upper east side for a longer then usual edit lunch.
ReplyDelete