Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I am finding it amazing that people actually miss me when I don't write enough...people are actually interested in This Is Your Life, Mona Changstein.

after nearly a staged intervention (seriously) in my domicile, I mean office, I decided to give a short wig a shot instead. (hey, I can embrace my inner black woman fantasy.( Didn't all Asian and white women fantasize about being a black Afro-haired woman when they were kids?) hey, if they can make it a daily occurrence, I can too. funny how people are so passionate about other people's hair, I had no idea. Chris Rock knew.

I dress very, how shall I say, dyke-y. sneakers and turtleneck sweaters are my season-less wardrobe of choice. I had the Ellen DeGeneres style before ELLEN had it. though some would love to see me "go downtown"at this stage in my life, it is simple not in the cards for me. it would take a lot more effort on my part to girl-up. applying red lipstick at every dry-lipped, coffee cup-stained opportunity and wearing heels with ever-growing old lady bunions (now THAT'S sexy!). it is not my idea of ease, comfort and carefree living. funny how people are so concerned that I wouldn't get a man with short hair. that is probably the most irritating part. who the FUCK cares about what men think?? my intention was not to have a short pixie do to attract men! it was for myself, my reality, not a man's for godsake. sad how people findthat hard to believe.

I really am happy and truly free these days. my life is on the upswing, I can feel it. free of the emotional shit that a relationship undoubtedly brings, free of the compromises one inevitably has to make when there are two, free of the sadness and insecurity of when it's all over. the George Clooney character in Up In The Air had it right all along. We ALL die alone. really not as creepy as it sounds, it's real.

1 comment: